OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING .... oh what a beautiful DAY!! Isn't there a song like that? Well it really was a gorgeous cool morning, but I don't know what happened to the day. We were cruising at 100 most of the afternoon and it's supposed to be up to 102 today. Spring didn't last long at all!!
Watch Kitty kept watch the entire time. Her face has finally filled out quite a bit from her starving stage. She is soft as can be and spoiled rotten. That little pink spot just makes you want to BOOP her nose.
So we got up .... milled around a bit and had coffee before chowing down on 1/4 of that egg and potato burrito I got. I added a little ketchup for moisture. Boy do I love this food. Way back when I worked at the County, I used to buy three of them every morning for my "crew". It was that or McDonalds egg McMuffin. That's when things were CHEAP!!
After my wonderful cup of Joe, I surprised myself by actually going into the sewing room and cutting up the fabric for a ME quilt. I even sewed one block which you can barely see on the directions. That's a lot of piles of small pieces, so we shall see how it goes.
Time flies when you're having fun. Lunch came around and I heated up the two chicken tacos I got. This time I pulled all the lettuce off the top first. They look nice, yeah? By the time they were done, they fell to pieces. I should have eaten just one they were so full of yummy chicken. Now I was stuffed and miserable and heading to BINGO!!
I left Kitters sleeping in her spot on the bed. She sheds a LOT and I am not a fan. Amazingly, she only sleeps on that pillow case. And so I was off to help clean up after a big event so the kids could set up for bingo.
I should have taken a picture. What a mess people leave when they don't have to clean it up themselves. AND the amount of food wasted is epic. What happened to the starving children of the world? Many plates had huge untouched pieces of chicken that went in the trash. They had to PAY for those meals, so I don't get it.
Anyway, I scraped roughly 75 plates and kept 150 pieces of silverware from going in the trash. At least I didn't have to do the dishes ... we have kids for that.
Here's the GOOD NEWS! Upon the threat of the kitchen manager and myself quitting completely, we have now hired a REAL cook for the Bingo kitchen. No, we are not going to make near as much money, but we don't have to worry about a volunteer not turning the gas off and the building exploding. It was not a popular choice, but we won out.
I talked to the kid and explained what we expected and how HE was the boss, not the bossy gal who he would be working with. He's new to that experience, but he did great. Sadly, he is on the list to become one of our next Sheriff Deputies, so we will have to find someone else before long.
With having to pay wages in mind, I checked out the board, thinking of raising the prices a bit. We don't like to charge much so more people come to play Bingo. I had it all figured out until the "boss" said he thought we should leave them alone. Hey ... we are PAYING for a cook now!!! That one is still up in the air.
Let the BINGO flaming arrows and pitchforks fly!!! I worked the first two hours while waiting for my replacement. She hasn't been here in awhile due to a misunderstanding ... she thought because I was training another spare person that she wasn't needed any more, even though I explained everything. I just needed most of the night off to keep track in the kitchen.
It all went well with the caller telling everyone OVER AND OVER to yell really loud. If he doesn't hear you say bingo, you don't get the money. Sure enough, one lady said bingo so quietly that NO ONE heard. Someone next to her screamed it out, scaring everyone half to death. Thanks to them, she got the money.
It always amazes me who wins. Those that pick through every single packet looking for their WINNING numbers .... they never seem to win. I just grabbed 5 cards off the top for one girl and she won not once, but FOUR times. You just never know!!!
Everything went well for the rest of the night. I stayed in the kitchen, kept the girl at bay so the cook could COOK. He did an EXCELLENT job ... double fried the fries (YUM) and cooked the burgers to perfection. Not only that, but he cleaned the grill and the entire front before going down a checklist and turning everything off. BOY HOWDY ... this kid is GOOD!! The cherry on top was that we didn't have 11 cooked hotdogs left over to be thrown away at the end of the night.
With all of our stress having flown out the window, the Kitchen Manager and I were ecstatic!! I don't care if we don't make ANY money. It's worth every penny!!
And so ended a long night of bingo. My temp cashier was short $10.00. Not surprising really. A bank teller she is not!! Do I care? NOPE ... not one bit.
Today I'm off to drop the quilts at the shop for quilting, followed by accounting work. I hope you have a GREAT day!!!
I'm so glad you hired a cook. It will definitely make lufe easier.
ReplyDeleteHappy Wednesday!
Frances:)
A GOOD cook is worth their price in GOLD, that's for sure!
ReplyDelete