Monday, August 24, 2026

YOU WANT ME TO DO WHAT?

LIZARD COUNTER:  18 


Type A personalities should never be told to be still.  It is just not in our genes OR jeans.  I'm sure the antibiotics are working and being told to hold my hand up to the sky was the best thing I could have done.  The "be still" part was incomprehensible.  You want me to sit all day on the couch???

I ended up doing pretty much that.  Tendonitis set in quickly in the left arm that I was using to do absolutely everything.  Ice didn't work, heating pad didn't work ... so I took two Tylenol and sat on the couch all morning long.  How boring could that possibly be!!  I am just not a "sitter".


The good news is the ring finger is almost back to normal coloring.  Purple just doesn't do it for me.  There still seems to be a tiny bit on the sides, but I think it's in arrested development.  I'll keep taking the pills.  I've no idea how it happened.  Could be when I was stuck by a quilting pin stuck in cheap dyed fabric ... could be a knick by Kitters claw or even a spider in the middle of the night.  I've really no idea.


As you can see, Kitters stayed in her appointed position as Guard Dog for most of the morning.


No really .... she spies on me all day long.  This time it was pretty suspicious behavior.  That was evidenced by the lizard she brought to me two seconds later.  BIG SIGH ... another poor guy pretending to be dead.  I grabbed him and headed for the front door.  When I set him down, he raced off like he was on fire!!!  Yup ... number 17.


While I sat on the couch bored to tears (hand up in the air, left arm on a pillow not moving) I spotted this out the window.  Man oh man ..... I see another gopher in my future.


My plan had been to bake a nice loaf of sourdough bread on this day, but alas, I'm armless.  Instead I did the discard thing and fed it flour and water to make it happy for another week.


Since I had not checked on the house batteries and the solar charger, I made a quick trip out to the van.  I had read on Facebook a note complaining about the exhaust fan either being open or shut.  Nothing in between.  Wasn't I surprised when I tried the hack .... and now I can open it as much or as little as I want.  Who knew?  It has to do with how many times you tap the icon on the control panel.


By noon I forced myself to sit down and watch the Freedom Grand Prix in D.C.  Truly, the course was quite good and the roster full of the best of the best.  They have cameras inside the cars so you can see what they see AND the dashboard.  Pretty cool.  That 145 is how fast he was going.


There were some mistakes here and there ... like not getting that wheel bolted on right and dumping fuel everywhere ... but for the most part it was a good race.


There were a few lead changes, but when Kyle Kirkwood got in front, he stayed there.  He was driving for the great Mario Andretti who was in attendance.  Mario said this was a great honor to race in the United States.  He loved the people and what we stood for.


Kyle practically ran the last five laps by himself.  No one was even close to him.  He will probably be the only person ever to win this race, unless they decide to add it to the schedule.


I guess Kitters wanted in on the attention too.  Good grief!!!!  She walked out behind the chair, when I saw her quickly glance back.  OH NO ... I know THAT look!!  Sure enough, there was another poor tailless lizard laying on the floor.  Number 18 will live another day out in the front flower bed. 

Dinner was dessert.  I thought I'd try caramel sauce this time.  That would be a no.  It's WAY too sweet.  Better luck next time with the plum jam.


I've got one more day for my finger to heal up.  Bingo is on the horizon.  No worries, I will take SEVEN more days of pills just to be sure.    

In the meantime .........  He was just the cutest ever!!





12 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your finger is doing much better.
    Kitters is quite the hunter.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Frances ... that was WAY too purple for me11

      Delete
  2. Kitters needs more training if she is letting bugs or spiders inside. It is a cats job to control the 6 and 8 legged pest.

    Rex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see them often, but occasionally I'll have a bite from something. Maybe mosquitos?

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. YAY is right!! It's funny how when you get older, things affect you so much differently.

      Delete
  4. Glad your finger has improved. Mary Klinger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancy, I am so happy your finger is healing. Kitters is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete