Monday, September 28, 2026

LAST DAY ON MAUI

 Nothing beats having your coffee on the patio watching the sun rise and the moon disappear.  The moon was late this morning, hanging out in the sky until almost 7:00.  That's unheard of!!


And every morning this little bird and I watch it together.  There are dozens of small dove around here, looking for morning tidbits.


Three of the four girls went diving this morning to Molokini.  The volcano crater is a great spot to dive when the ocean is smooth.  They spotted a few white tip sharks here and there, but they sleep during the day, so no big scare.  Their original destination was very mucky water due to the storm surge that came in last night.  Visibility makes for a bad dive, so they rescheduled that one for Wednesday.  It too has now been cancelled.  There's no guarantee with diving.


This is the hurricane's path, ducking right around the islands.  Still, we have had weird currents and wave action going the complete opposite direction.  Paddle boarding and even snorkeling was all terrible.  Better luck next time.


Turn up your sound.  This section of the beach is usually flat as can be with NO waves.


This action swirls sand and mud around, making for zero visibility and a rough time getting in and out.  It should be good for them the rest of the week however, at least on the beach.


So what do you do when the water is bad?  You go SHOPPING of course.  Three of us headed out to downtown to see what damage we could do.  This is one entrance to the "market", a pond filled with koi fish.


Then walk between the palms and trees to get to the booths.  Every souvenir you could ever ask for can be found here ... for a price.  Some cheap, some not so much. I got a couple of shirts, but I'll post them later.  


Since I'm leaving this morning, all my stuff is packed up, except one swimsuit.  Yup ... we went to the pool to cool off.  Nothing like having the place to yourself!!


I'll be flying out at noon and arriving at 8:25 YOUR time.  Unfortunately, I have to get an UBER ride back to the house.  I'm not looking forward to that at all, but I have no choice.  If you don't hear from me the next day, send out the marines!!!


10 comments:

  1. Safe travels sweet friend!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitters will probably give you the cold shoulder for a few days.
    You may have a bumpy ride home as there is an even bigger storm just turning away from Mexico.
    Safe Travels and Enjoy your homecoming.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitters jumped up on my lap and gave me head rubs!

      Delete
  3. Safe Travels and Kitters will be so happy to see you.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos, Nancy! I wish you an enjoyable and safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking us with & hope you are safely home by now.

    ReplyDelete